The Mines Awareness Trust's Proposed Programme.
- Contact the main aid agencies and carry out a reconnaissance of the area.
- Find suitably educated ethnic teachers and identify them as instructors.
- Procure all training aids and suitably equipped vehicles for the whole project.
- Employ one other International as the programme manager and second instructor.
- Produce educational materials in the local language.
- Employ and train the instructors with a dedicated well laid out training programme tailored for all age groups.
- Once established in the camp and posters etc have been implemented - train ethnic teachers and employ them for the project period.
- Train these ethnic teachers to be Mines Awareness Instructors and provide them with training aids and educational handouts. Tailor educational programmes to suit student age groups.
- Co-ordinate all awareness programmes in co-operation with the Humanitarian agency running individual camps. Documentation of all refugees attending training will be held by the camps administrative elements.
- Myself and the other International would provide technical awareness briefings for all Humanitarian staff and advise on the disposal of any ordnance located within the camp.
- Implement the educational programme and co-ordinate the programme with the aid agencies responsible for individual camps.
- Print educational materials for the relevant groups and distribute to all.
- Once repatriation has taken place use all resources already in place to educate and implement programmes within Kosovo.
- Be involved in the Mines Casualty network and rehabilitation.